National Night Out is a nationwide event established in 1984 to generate the participation in local anti-crime programs. In 2017, ordinance 70609 moved the National Night Out Date in the City of St. Louis to the first Tuesday in October from the traditional first Tuesday in August.
National Night Out is designed to:
- Heighten crime and drug prevention awareness
- Generate support for, and participation in, local anti-crime programs
- Strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships
- Send a message to criminals letting them know that neighborhoods are organized and fighting back.
The City of St. Louis is holding our annual NNO celebrations on Tuesday, October 3, 2023. We want our residents to attend safe and fun parties as we continue to build our communities through partnership with our friends in law enforcement.
To register, you will need the following information:
- Contact information
- Block number and street name. Ex: 1200 block of Market St (use the Address Locator to confirm information)
- NNO Party Location (required): Is the party location the same as the block(s) registering, a specific block, or a specific address?
- Street Closing Details
- Indicate if you are planning on closing a street at the party location
- Note: If party location is on a bus route, it cannot be closed
Signups for National Night Out open in early April. Use the Begin Online button below to sign your block up. The deadline to sign up is September 10 at 11:59pm.
What to Expect
The Neighborhood Stabilization Team will notify the Streets Department of all those registered for National Night Out.