Request for Proposal Update
Please take note that the deadline for the Interpreter for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services Request for Proposal has been extended to May 31, 2013.
Request for Proposals
Interpreter for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services
The City of St. Louis Department of Human Services (DHS), Office on the Disabled, will award Interpreter for the Deaf and hard of Hearing Services contracts to one or more agencies to provide upon request of the Office on the Disabled, functionally equivalent access to quality communication for the deaf and hard of hearing.
The Office on the Disabled assists the City's being in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). The Office also assists the City in making it one that welcomes people of all disabilities as full and equal participants in the community. The City of St. Louis does not discriminate against individuals with disabilities in violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
As such, this Office provides assistance to people who have all types of disabilities, including but not limited to hearing, seeing, mobility, developmental, and psychiatric.
We offer the following services
- assisting City Departments to make all their services fully accessible
responding to grievances presented by individuals with disabilities
- providing people using City services alternative forms of communication as needed
- participating with other public and private organizations working to make our City fully accessible and full of opportunities
- providing individuals with information on resources to other appropriate agencies for services and for help with developing independent living strategies
- finding reasonable accommodations for disabled City employees and job applicants
- providing training on the ADA to various City agencies and others as appropriate
- working toward making the physical environment in the City as accessible as possible
City of St. Louis Accessibility Survey
The Office on the Disabled is conducting a survey about accessibility in the City of St. Louis, and we'd like to know your thoughts. Please take a few moments to complete our survey.
Take our survey
TTY Phone: (314) 622-3693
Fax: (314) 622-4019
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Mon - Fri
1200 Market Street , Room 30
St. Louis, Missouri 63103