Adult Education & Literacy (AEL) Program
City residents will receive HS equivalency, incentives, paid career training, and job preparation services
Are you interested in obtaining your high school equivalency? Search no further - we have just the program for you!
In partnership with St. Louis Public Schools-AEL, SLATE is looking to serve 75 participants, ages 17 years or older, interested in obtaining their Hiset. Funded through the American Rescue Plan Act, students can attend in-person classes and work towards gaining their high school credentials and explore training opportunities and employment beyond completion.
Classes take place at the SLATE Missouri Job Center located at 1520 Market Street, Ste. 3050, St. Louis, Missouri 63103. If interested, you must meet the eligibility criteria shown below.
Who is Eligible?
- Applicants must live in the City of St. Louis (Must reside in a Qualified Census Tract (QCT) or live in a household with an annual income below $69,090);
- Be at least 17 years or older;
- Must NOT possess a high school diploma or high school equivalency;
- Not be currently enrolled in ANY school;
- Must show proof of age, St. Louis City residency, and household income (for a complete list of accepted documents, please contact the SLATE Missouri Job Center);
- Must provide proof of being negatively impact by the COVID-19 pandemic.
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants must complete the pre-registration form below, and
- Wait until they receive a call from the SLATE staff confirming their eligibility and once the eligibility is confirmed, schedule an appointment with AEL Instructor.