Domestic Partnership Registry
The Domestic Partnership Registry is a record of registered domestic partners (same-sex or heterosexual) in the city of St. Louis established and protected under City Ordinance.
The Domestic Partnership Registry is a record of registered domestic partners (same-sex or heterosexual) in the city of St. Louis established and protected under City Ordinance. The registry allows persons in a committed relationship who meet the criteria set forth in Ordinance No. 64401 of the City of St. Louis to register at the Office of the City Register and obtain a certificate attesting their status.
Domestic partnerships in the City of St. Louis are only available to current City of St. Louis residents. If one or both partners move away from the City, the partnership is not valid.
Registration guarantees partners the right of visitation at hospitals located with the City of St. Louis as well as jails owned and operated by the City.
To qualify as Domestic Partners, the couple must fulfill the following requirements. Both partners must:
- be 18 years of age or older;
- not be married or related by blood to the other in a manner that would bar marriage in the State of Missouri;
- have a close and personal relationship;
- live together and have been continuously living together;
- live in the City of St. Louis;
- be each other's sole domestic partner and have not terminated another domestic partnership in the last six months.
- Both partners need to appear, in person, in the Register's Office and fill out the Declaration of Domestic Partnership Form.
- Bring photo ID.
- Bring proof of residency other than required photo ID.
- Example: a utility bill (electricity, cable/internet, water), lease or rental agreement, mortgage statement, auto insurance bill.
- Each partner may bring in a different form of proof for residency. Both names do not have to be on the same bill, for example, one partner may bring in a utility bill and the other may bring in a different form of proof with their name on it, however they must be from the same address.
$48.00 non refundable application fee payable by cash only.
What to Expect
- Application process takes 7 days.
- After processing, you may return, in person, to the Register's Office to pick up your Certificate of Domestic Partnership.
Office of the City Register
City Hall, Room 118
St. Louis, MO 63103
Monday - Friday 8 AM - 4:30 PM