Mayor’s Youth Cabinet
The Mayor’s Youth Cabinet (MYC) creates opportunities for civic engagement and leadership
The St. Louis Mayor’s Youth Cabinet (MYC) is a group of St. Louis City high-school residents who are committed to civic engagement. They provide invaluable insight into issues affecting the lives of youth in the City of St. Louis. The MYC will work together to strengthen their communities through volunteer service projects and increased communication with municipal government leaders. St. Louis’ MYC develops and leads initiatives with the support from the Mayor’s Staff and Cabinet.
The Mission of St. Louis Mayor’s Youth Cabinet (MYC) is to create opportunities for youth to cultivate leadership skills, organize youth-led community service projects and advocacy initiatives facilitated through the Mayor’s Office. MYC is dedicated to embracing the diversity of experience and identity of the City of St. Louis’ youth with their voices at the center.
Youth eligible to apply and serve are:
- Students that live in St. Louis City.
- Students that attend school in St. Louis City, grades 9-12.
- Students that are actively enrolled in an accredited high school in the City of St. Louis.
- Dedicated to civic engagement and community improvement.
Apply to Serve
To apply to serve on Mayor's Youth Cabinet in 2023-24:
- Parents or guardians: fill out, sign and submit the City of St. Louis Release and Verification form
- Youth: fill out the online application, assemble the required documentation, and follow instructions.
Projects and Activities
Projects and activities will be available once the cabinet is formed and members identify and prioritize projects and activities.