The Planning Commission, its members and staff, and access to meeting information and materials.
About the Commission
The Planning Commission consists of thirteen members. The following city officials are members: The President of the Board of Public Service and the Chairs of the Transportation and Housing, Urban Development and Zoning Committees of the Board of Aldermen. The Mayor, Comptroller and President of the Board of Aldermen each designate one member. The Mayor appoints the seven remaining members ("citizen members").The St. Louis Planning Commission adopts and amends the Strategic Land Use Plan of the St. Louis Comprehensive Plan for the City of St. Louis, Neighborhood Plans and Topical Plans.
The Commission adopts zoning ordinances and makes decisions on all rezoning petitions, thereby guiding the development and redevelopment of the City. It also reviews blighting studies and redevelopment plans before providing recommendations to the Board of Aldermen.
The Commission meets the second Wednesday of every month at 5:30 P.M. Meetings are held at the Planning & Urban Design Agency located at 1520 Market Street, 2nd floor, in Conference Room B and are open to the public unless otherwise posted.
- Alderman Shane Cohn
- Alderwoman Shameem Clark-Hubbard
- Jake Banton
- Tracy Boaz
- Richard T. Bradley
- Cristina Garmendia
- Grace Kyung
- Earl Strauther, Jr.
The Planning Office of the Planning & Urban Design Agency (PDA), serves as the staff for the Planning Commission.
Administrative Assistant II & Planning Commission Secretary
Email & full profile
- Adopts plans as the official adopted plans for the City of St. Louis
- Acts as the Zoning Commission for the City of St. Louis by recommending zoning text and map changes.
- Reviews zoning including Zoning Overlay Districts (Form-Based Zoning Districts, CUP, PUD, SPD & SUD), redevelopment proposals and other proposed legislation for compliance with adopted plans
- Hears appeals of decisions by the Preservation Board and recommends Landmarks to the Preservation Board.
Planning Commission Menu
10 comments from people like you have helped us improve this page. Keep the feedback coming!