These instructions tell you how to pay fines assessed by a judge after you or your attorney have appeared in court. Some minor traffic citations can be paid without an appearance in court. Learn more about paying a minor traffic violation without a court appearance before your first court date.
The City Municipal Courts allows for several ways to make payments. Municipal Courts Tickets can be paid online using the external PayIt payment service, by telephone, by drop box, or in person at:St. Louis City Municipal Court 1520 Market Street Suite 1120 St. Louis, Missouri 63103
The Court strongly encourages payment on-line using payitstlouis.com.
Please follow all the steps below to make your payment.
The steps below are for both online and in-person payments:
- You must have your case or ticket number(s), or
- Your Full Name and Date of Birth (DOB)
If you do not know the case number(s) for the required payment
- call the St. Louis City Municipal Court at (314) 622-3231 and obtain your case or ticket number(s), or
- search for your case number(s) online.
- Come to the St. Louis City Municipal Court located at 1520 Market Street, St. Louis, Missouri 63103, Suite 1120 (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. except on City Holidays)
- Take a number at the Customer Service Counter
- You must have a picture identification card and your case number(s)
- Name must match the name on the credit or debit card.
The Municipal Court accepts cash, money orders, certified or cashier's checks, attorney client trust account (IOLTA) checks, and major credit/bank debit cards (Visa/Master Card). The Municipal Court does not accept personal checks or gift cards.
Mail in payments should be in the form of a cashier’s check or money order and mailed to the Court at:
St Louis Municipal Court
1520 Market Street Suite 1120
St Louis, MO 63103
For mail-in payments to be properly credited to your case(s) you should include your case number(s). Including your name and date of birth is also helpful to our clerks when processing a payment. If you do not know your case number(s) please call the court at (314) 622-3231. PLEASE DO NOT SEND CASH!
Outside Drop Box Available
The Court also has a red drop box outside of the 16th Street doors to 1520 Market for payments and other information to be delivered. It is available even when the Court building is is not open. The same information must be included as for a mail in pament. DO NOT USE CASH FOR A DROP BOX PAYMENT.
The Court is currently not accepting any payments by telephone.
Online payment is provided by the PayIt St. Louis portal. There is a small convenience fee to pay online.
The portal will require you to create an account or login as guest. Be prepared to have the following ready:
- Case numbers(s) or Ticket Number(s)
- Full Name and Date of Birth
- Personal email address to register with Payit online
Varies based on court costs.
What to Expect
Payment of your outstanding ticket.
St. Louis, MO 63103
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday except City Holidays