The St. Louis City Recorder and Registrar is a Certified Copy Center for:
- 1980 to Present Missouri Certificates of Death for All Missouri Counties,including St. Louis City (standard issue legal document generated from Missouri Vital Records Database)
- 1910-1979 St. Louis City Death Certificates (from copies of originals,without amendments, without corrections). Incomplete Collection.No records for 1960-1964.
- Pre-1910 St. Louis City Death Register Transcripts
Who may apply for a copy of Death Certificate:
- You must have a valid Driver's License, State Identification Card, or other acceptable government issued photo identification to apply for a Missouri Death Certificate copy in person.
- Your address on Application (copy request form) must match your address on photo identification.
- If you do not have photo identification, a qualified family member with photo identification may apply for the copy.
- Download and complete the appropriate form. As of 02.28.2011, the Missouri Department of Health requires notarization of your signature on the Mail-In Application.
- Mail Form or Bring Form to:
St. Louis City Recorder and Registrar
City Hall, Room 127, 1200 Market Street
St. Louis, Missouri 63103
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
Contact 314.613.3016 -E-mail
- Include completed application form, a legal size, self-addressed stamped envelope and check or money order for the search fee. Do not send cash.
- Please do not call for record look-ups.
- Please do not e-mail copy requests.
- Non-Refundable $13.00 per record.
- $10 for each additional copy
- Mail-In Customers Add 50¢ for
return mail if you do not provide
- Cash, Money Order, Business Check
made out to: Vital Records
- No Personal Checks
- ATMs on First Floor, City Hall
same floor as Recorder and Registrar
Room 104 (License Collector)
Room 109 (Collector of Revenue)
What to Expect
When a record is found: Your payment is used as a Copy Fee and you will be issued one computer generated Certified Copy of the record.Search Entails:
- 5-Year Search: 2 years before and 2 years after Date of Death provided by customer on Application for the name provided by customer.
- When a record is not found: Your payment is used as a Search Fee.
For information about requesting a correction or change on a Missouri death certificate, contact the Bureau of Vital Records:
Death Records: 573-751-6378
Recorder of Deeds and Vital Records Registrar
1200 Market St
City Hall Room 126
St. Louis, Missouri 63103-2881
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM M - F No Saturday hours