To request an accessible parking permit on the street in front of a residence one must:
- Download the application and instructions (or request one from the Office on the Disabled).
- Complete the application with your doctor.
- The application must be signed by the property owner.
- The applicant must own a vehicle or someone who lives with them full-time must own a vehicle.
- The vehicle must be registered at the address where the space is requested.
- The applicant must have a valid Missouri placard or license plate for people with disabilities or a Disabled Veterans' license plate.
- The applicant cannot have accessible off-street parking and must use the space five (5) days and five (5) nights per week.
What to Expect
Permits are issued generally 7 working days from the date of submission.
- Only the vehicle with the permits & placard/license plate can park in this space. If another vehicle uses this space, the illegally parked vehicle may receive a seventy-five ($75.00) dollar ticket..
- Call 911 to report illegal vehicles in a space.
- Space holders must respond to violations such as street cleaning, no parking signs, snow route, and emergency evacuation by police or fire department, etc. Failure to follow the rules of the program will result in removal of the parking space.
Office on the Disabled
1200 Market Street
St. Louis, Missouri 63103
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Mon - Fri