Needed: tax preparers, intake volunteers, child care, greeters, technical support and more.
The Earned Income Tax Credit is a Federally Funded Anti-Poverty initiative the helps working families maintain their independence.
The Gateway EITC Community Coalition provides help in obtaining this refundable tax credit when filing your Federal tax return for free. To do so, they need volunteers. Training sessions begin in January.
The volunteer opportunities include:
- Tax Preparers: Prepare Federal and State tax returns electronically in your community for low- to moderate-income families
- Intake Volunteers: Conduct initial interview with families
- Child Care: Assist with activities for the children while their parents get their tax returns prepared
- Greeters: Greet the taxpayers and using a check sheet, determine if the taxpayer has all the necessary information to have their tax return completed at the free tax site
- Technical Support: Volunteers with an excellent knowledge of computers, networking and software are needed to assist at the tax sites
- GECC Sub-Committees: Opportunities are available on sub-committees for Technology, Marketing, Grants & Funding, Educational Outreach and Volunteers.
This is an ideal chance to receive free training, networking opportunities, build your resume, and serve your community.
Interested in volunteering? Send an email to Volunteers@gecc.info.
For more information about claiming the EITC or training dates, visit the Gateway EITC Community Coalition website at http://www.gecc.us .
Plenty of fun, free events this weekend in St. Louis City neighborhoods. Enjoy!
Firefighters and medics to be recognized
Husband and wife establish new careers together with a help from SLATE