The City of St. Louis offers this list of apparel and accessory retailers, which is not inclusive, to help citizens buy recycled. The City does not endorse any of these businesses or services. Space does not allow us to include all stores and products that may be applicable to this list. The variety and availability of these products in stores may change at anytime. Companies located within the City of St. Louis are noted with an image of the Arch, while companies located in Missouri are marked with the State silhouette.
- Products Available: laptop jackets or sleeves made from 100% post-consumer plastic #1 (PET / Polyethylene terephthalate / soda bottles).
- Products Available: clothing hand-crafted from reclaimed textiles (e.g., vintage, wool, angora cashmere, jersey, etc.).
- Products Available: jewelry (e.g., bracelets, earrings, necklaces) and accessories (e.g., purses) hand-crafted from vintage bottle caps, as well as recovered bike tire inner tubes, cereal boxes, and cardboard.
Mail: 1006 South Sawmill Road, Lake Leelanau, Michigan 49653
- Products Available: wool jackets, vests, scarves, hats, mittens, Christmas stockings, etc.
Mail: 1143 Portland Place, Ste. 1, Boulder, Colorado 80304
- Products Available: hand-crafted jewelry (e.g., necklaces, bracelets, anklets) with beads crafted from paper, such as calendars or magazines. The beaders are Ugandan women victimized by HIV/AIDS or war.
Mail: 12 North Fir Street, Ventura, California 93001
- Products Available: jewelry (e.g., Jeanette bracelet, earrings, and necklace; Kalia earrings and lariat) made from post-consumer glass.
Mail: 1243 West 7th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V6H 1B7 Canada
- Products Available: The Unswoosher model has soles made from "...used tires that are no longer usable on motor cars. There is still tread on them...The rubber is of a high grade...They are saved down to a uniform sole thickness...the soles are hard-wearing..."
Mail: 103 Hawthorne Avenue, Pittsfield, Massachusetts 01201
- Products Available: coin purses, overnight bags, shopping bags, shoulder bags, totes, and zipper pouches fabricated from 95% post-consumer plastic #5 (polypropylene / PP).
- Available locally at:
Mail: 316 North Euclid Avenue, St. Louis, Missouri 63108
Mail: 3211 Grand Avenue, St. Louis, Missouri 63118
Johnnie Brock's DungeonBTC Elements
Mail: 40 Hampton Village Plaza, St. Louis, Missouri 63109
Mail: 406 Broadway, #207, Santa Monica, California 90401
- Products Available: clutches upcycled from used neckties, and jewelry upcycled from used plastic bags or skateboards.
- Products Available: intriguing and playful designs incorporating previously worn fabrics (e.g., cashmere, lace, silk).
Mail: Post Office Box 2366, Boulder, Colorado 80306
- Products Available: vegan handbags and accessories hand-crafted from recycled rubber from truck and bike inner tubes.
- Products Available: cosmetic bags, clutches, shoulder bags made from 100% post-consumer aluminum pull-tabs, crafted by women artist cooperatives in economically depressed areas of Brazil.
Mail: 151 North Nob Hill Road, #109, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33324
- Products Available: purses and handbags made from license plates, tire rubber, and bottle caps.
Phone: 800.3.HENNEY (436639)
Mail: Post Office Box, 1745, Brentwood, California 94513
- Products Available: Ecospun robes made from recycled plastic.
- Products Available: messenger bags made from post-consumer recycled truck tarpaulins, bicycle inner tubes, and car seat belts.
- Available locally at:
Fax: 314.241.9993 Phone: 314.241.9990
Mail: 1100 Locust Street, St. Louis, Missouri 63101
- Products Available: wedding bands and jewelry made from recycled gold and platinum.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Phone: 800.838.3677 or 864.284.9527
Mail: 737 Crestmont Way, Greenville, South Carolina 29615
- Products Available: polos, T-shirts, hats, bags, turtlenecks, fleece, dress shirts, and Earth Day shirts made from 100% reclaimed cotton, 100% Fortrel Ecospun, or a blend of 50% reclaimed cotton and 50% Fortrel Ecospun fiber.
Mail: 4077 26th Street, San Francisco, California 94131
- Products Available: tote bags made from 20% post-consumer plastic.
Fax: 314.351.2003 Phone: 314.351.2000
Mail: 4611 Macklind Avenue, St. Louis, Missouri 63109
- Products Available: messenger bags, purses, socks, jewelry, and much more.
Fax: 215.922.0895 Phone: 888.INDIART (4634278) or 215.922.4041
Mail: 151 North 3rd Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19106
- Products Available: purses made from snack food bags.
- Products Available: jewelry and accessories made from mail.
Mail: 1430 Willamette Street, #53, Eugene, Oregon 97401
- Products Available: hand bags and necklaces "...made from some of the billions of single use chopsticks that are discarded every year."
- Products Available: handbags and totes made from vinyl records.
Mail: 907 Burlington Avenue, Western Springs, Illinois 60558
- Products Available: "Earthwise Jewelry" Collection made from gold and platinum reclaimed from old jewelry and electronics.
- Products Available: handbags "intricately hand woven using recycled newspapers, magazines, telephone directories, posters, and other paper products."
Phone: 800.545.3754 or 412.471.0909
Mail: 2231 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15219
- Products Available: address books, belts, brushes, CD holders, journals, key hooks and rings, photo albums, purses, scrapbooks, and wallets made from recycled metal or rubber.
Mail: 3849 Main Street, Jamaica, Vermont 05343
- Products Available: laptop bags, makeup bags, messenger bags, pencil cases, shower curtains, slippers, tote bags, umbrellas, wallets, wastebaskets, etc.
Mail: 11921 Carmel Creek Road, San Diego, California 92130
- Products Available: passport covers, wallets, and wrist-wear upcycled from used neckties.
- Products Available: bracelets, brooches, cufflinks, earrings, and neckpieces made from newspapers.
Mail: 43 Ellicott Avenue, Batavia, New York 14020
- Products Available: jewelry made by women in West Africa from glass and plastic.
Mail: Post Office Box 453, Newtown NSW 2042, Australia
- Products Available: bracelets made from reused camera lenses.
Phone: 888.618.8619 or 804.275.3610
Mail: 6630 Hopkins Road, Richmond, Virgina 23234
- Products Available: handbags upcycled from used truck and tractor tire inner tubes.
Mail: 8550 White Fir Street, Post Office Box 32050, Reno, Nevada 89523
- Products Available: baby clothes, fleece vests and pullovers, jeans, jackets, hats, and running shorts made from post-consumer plastic.
- Products Available: jewelry upcycled from used flatware.
- Products Available: baby bags, backpacks, book bags, business card holders, cell sitters, clutches, coin purses, cosmetic bags, messenger bags, shoulder bags, totes, and wallets made from post-consumer juice paks.
- Available locally at:
Saint Louis ZooRebound Designs
Mail: One Government Drive, St. Louis, Missouri 63110
- Products Available: purses hand-crafted from hardback books.
Phone: 888.354.7296 or 781.893.1032
Address: 681 Main Street
Waltham, Massachusetts 02451
Products made with recycled plastic content include:
· Tongue cleaners, toothbrushes
Products also available locally at:
· Trader Joe's, Wild Oats, Whole Foods Market, Home Eco, or online at GreenMarketplace.com.
Mail: 116 West Illinois Street, Chicago, Illinois 60610
- Products Available: coin purses and bags made from used juice containers; backpacks and bags made from recycled plastic.
- Products Available: individually designed handbags upcycled from used materials.
Mail: 24 Custom House Wharf, Portland, Maine 04101
- Products Available: ditty bags, shaving kits, tote bags, and wallets upcycled from used sails.
- Products Available: handbags made from reclaimed textiles.
- Products Available: shoes made from recycled tire rubber, paper, and plastic.
Mail: 195 Arizona Avenue NE #LW5, Atlanta, Georgia 30307
- Products Available: shoes made from used car tires.
Mail: Post Office Box 7064, San Diego, California 92167
- Products Available: flip flops and sandals (soles made from car tires, straps made from bicycle inner tubes), purses, handbags, messenger bags, belts, mirrors, and coffee tables.
Phone: 866.88.SPOKE (7653) or 303.362.0656
Mail: 12478 West 84th Drive, Arvada, Colorado 80005
- Products Available: bracelets, key chains, and belts upcycled from used bike parts.
- Products Available: belts, phone cases, sasscots, tops, tote bags, watch wraps, wrist cuffs, and zipper pouches upcycled from used neckties.
Fax: 609.393.4259 Phone: 609.393.4252
Mail: 121 New York Avenue, Trenton, New Jersey 08638
- Products Available: backpacks, messenger bags, and tote bags made from post-consumer beverage and food packaging.
Fax: 928.779.6004 Phone: 800.367.8382
- Products Available: shoes made from post-consumer plastic and rubber.
Mail: 8447 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 401, Beverly Hills, California 90211
- Products Available: attaches, messenger bags, and women's hobos.
Mail: 140 58th Street, Building B, Suite 5A, Brooklyn, New York 11220
- Products Available: belts upcycled from used rubber truck tires, clutches upcycled from used magazines, handbags upcycled from used newspapers, and necklaces and wallets upcycled from used neckties and suits.
Mail: Post Office Box 15565, Nairobi 00503, Kenya
- Products Available: bangles, bracelets, necklaces, belts, handbags, and totes hand-crafted from post-consumer flip-flops.
- Products Available: backpacks, binders, coasters, evening bags, jewelry, key chains, messenger bags, portfolios, shaving kits, totes, wallets, etc. made from rubber.
- Products Available: tie-dyed apparel made from used textiles.
Mail: 602 Franklin Street, Pella, Iowa 50219
- Products Available: beaded jewelry made from paper, purses made from snack bags.
Mail: 492 South Academy Street, New Braunfels, Texas 78130
- Products Available: belts, handbags, jewelry, scissor pouches, and other accessories made from inner tubes.